Monsopiad Village in Sabah

Kota Kinabalu City Day 1

Monday, July 28, 2008

Gastroenteritis

Gastroenteritis or stomach flu has been bothered me since last week. I felt that want to vomit but nothing is come out except gas from my mouth. Besides, I lost my appetite due to crampy abdominal pain, nausea without vomiting and diarrhea. These symptoms were started when I came back from Sabah Trip. The fist symptom I have is fever and nausea and I already went to seek doctor’s advices. Doctor gave me some Panadol and stomach pain killer. Doctor only concluded that fever at that time. I fully believed whatever doctor saying. My condition is much better after having good rest.

I only recovered from fever but still having crampy abdominal pain and nausea without vomiting. I have experienced such conditions when I was form-one student. During that time, I kept vomiting that resulted me dehydration. I totally can’t take any fluids by mouth because of vomiting and felt much suffered that time.

Since I have this experience, I felt me having gastroenteritis again. I went to seek doctor again and briefly described my condition to him. He suspected me having gastroenteritis.

In general, gastroenteritis was caused by viruses and bacteria, either in urethra or intestines. It will natural recover if viruses or bacteria found in intestines. Meanwhile, it would not recover if it in urethra. For the safety purpose, I was performed the urine test to ensure that no viruses or bacteria in my urethra. That test was gave the optimum result and concluded that only my intestines affected by viruses or bacterial. Doctor advised me don’t consume milk-food, fry food, and oily food in order to reduce the stomach and intestines burden. Besides, I also need to drink more vitagen or yakult but it will increase the toilet frequency as a consequence of killing the bacteria or viruses.

I felt so glad because this time only felt un-comfortable on stomach, no vomiting, and a little bit of diarrhea. Lucky, this time doesn’t cause me dehydration and still can eat whatever I want. I need to seek doctor again to take antibiotic if my condition being worst within following five days. Hence, I will start to control my diet and hopefully this ill will recover naturally.

No comments: